- 2 I&J Haddock Prime Steaks
- 500 ml full-cream milk
- 50 ml butter
- 40 ml cake flour
- 80 ml grated Cheddar cheese for sauce, plus extra for topping
- 125 ml cooked rice
- 500 ml cooked spinach
- Poach the I&J Haddock Prime Steaks in the milk until cooked. Drain and set aside the poaching milk and cooked fish.
- In another pot, melt the butter over high heat. Add the flour and whisk to combine.
- Cook for a few seconds whilst whisking, then reduce the heat and pour in the poaching milk. Stir over medium heat until the sauce has thickened. Add the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Layer the cooked rice, spinach and haddock in an overproof serving dish. Top with the sauce and extra cheese.
- Place under a preheated grill for approximately 6 minutes and serve.